Monday, August 17, 2009

Full Circle

With a new school year quickly approaching, I send off this latest update with renewed health and gratitude.
I am happy to report I have completed my sixth and last chemotherapy session and had a "wrap-up" CT scan. The chemo went better than the previous two rounds, and the CT scan was another indicator of the ALL CLEAR! Although my strength and energy still have room for improvement, being healthy, cancer free and able to return to school makes me more grateful that words can express. The start of a new school year is always one of exciting anticipation, but this year in particular, I feel as enthusiastic as any one of the students at St. Anne's.
Trying to harness my energy, rest when I am tired and not overdoing it are my biggest challenges at the moment.
The sweetness and depth of caring I have felt from so many is truly without measure. I continue to be profoundly grateful to all the people who support me so limitlessly. This heartfelt support has given me strength and hope when I needed it most. Now that I have soaked it in and I am healthy again, I have the opportunity to give it back from the heart as the new school year begins.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Rose,
    We are all thinking of you and we are so happy to hear the excellent news of your recovery. You are amazing! Love, The Brays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow! It will be great to see you on campus next week! Congratulations, The Mellbergs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best news I've heard in a long, long time. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You "go girl"! I am thrilled to hear this.

    Rippowam

    ReplyDelete