Friday, March 26, 2010

The Long and Winding Road....More Detour...Chapter 2

As many of you know, on January 18, after a clear CT scan in December, I was diagnosed with a recurrence of lymphoma. The report was overwhelming and disappointing beyond words. I have been reluctant to resume the blog, until I had something positive to report. At last after a rough go of things from the time of diagnosis until last Friday, I finally have a plan in place. I am hopeful and confident that we are on the right track.

When a recurrence happens so quickly the doctors are adamant about treating things more aggressively. So despite an all clear in June. The doctors knew more of the same treatment wouldn't work again. As a result, after more chemo that took place in February and March, I will begin the amazing outpatient process of a stem cell transplant using my own cells. It's wonderful modern sci-fi stuff, that I am confident will give us the outcome we are seeking. Stay tuned for my continued adventures as I make my way to a cure.

Thank you all for your long term, ongoing support, thoughts, prayers, cards and love. I am a firm believer in collective energy and the power it carries. I am confident your good wishes will carry me to a place of health and cure in the days, weeks and months to come. Please keep sending your good "stuff" my way, whatever it may be. I am certain on some level I am soaking it up. It is keeping my spirits high and my faith strong! Many thanks to all of you

8 comments:

  1. We think about you often and with each thought send good stuff your way! The Stoffel Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sheehan FamilyApril 6, 2010 at 4:18 PM

    Dear Rose,
    We continue to keep you and your cool high tech cure in our prayers. Sounds like a powerful plan you have in place. With our dear love,
    Peggy, Chris, Mary Helen, Juliana, Catherine and Christopher Sheehan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rose,

    You were in my thoughts and now I know why.I will keep you in my prayers and send good wishes your way.

    Mary Baur

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mrs. Kelly,

    You have made my world a better place!! Thank you for everything! I am eager to see you and your bright shiny smile again! My family and I wish you the best in recovery and send you our wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Rose,

    I was checking out the SA website when I found your blog. Please know that I am sending all my best wishes, positive energy, and prayers for your speedy recovery!

    Take care,

    Mark Canjar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rose,
    I'm pulling for you all the way.
    Keep on walking the neighborhood, reading, laughing, cartooning, sketching, painting, 730 Southing, getting treatments, and beat this thing! Hang in there!
    Midge Kral

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are thinking of you every day...sending you great powerful healing vibes from across BB boulevard. I know you can beat this!! We are here for you. Wylly

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are thinking of you everyday. Sending you lots of positive energy your way...Love, The Myers Family

    ReplyDelete